Thursday, September 13, 2012

13/9/2012

So this monday was my first at the new school. I started with the upper level English class. Here we talked about American steryotypes. The one that came up frequently that I did not expect is how we all drive big cars. It is somewhat true, compared to the cars here our cars are gigantic. But our cars are getting smaller. Afterwards I had Religion class. I understood very little in that class because the teacher talked really fast and had a deep voice which was hard to understand. Afterwards I had Social Sciences. Which turned out to be to Psychology. I didn't really understand what was being said but what was written on the board was pretty funny. One of the sentences said "I hide my self in the toilet." I don't know why it was there but it was and it was pretty funny. After Psych I was supposed to have gym but instead there was an informational meeting on an end of the year project that I am not required to do because I am exchange student. Afterwards I had French again. Which I still didn't understand very well. But I was able to write two paragraphs for the class and the teacher was impressed that I was trying to write them. Next was physics where we talked about magnets and how they worked. Then I had the lower level english which was quite fun, and afterwards Geography. Geography was quite fun and the teacher is really cool. After Geography I went home and at 7:00 I had dinner with the rotary. For dinner we had the closest thing to steak that I have had for quite some time. It was delicioius. The next day I had english once again and we talked more about the Belgian and English school systems. Afterwards I went again to the higher level english class where we talked more about steryotypes. And then History. History that day went much better than it did the first time and I actually have quite a bit written down for notes. (However the notes are written in Franglais) I then again had english (I like Tuesdays) and then Geography. Geography was still quite fun and we talked about an upcoming project. I then had French again and it was difficult this time because she talked about the renissance and wrote very little on the board. At the end of that day I had a 2 period version of gym called sport. There I played floor hockey and volley ball. The next day I had Biology where we talked about genetics and the reasons why anti-biotic resistant are resistant. (Thanks for the background Mom it helps me understand whats going on.) I then had religon where we watched a movie (unfortunatly without subtitles in any language) I then had Chemistry were we played a game and I think my team won. I wasn't much help though because by the time I came up with the french to answer it was too late. Ensuite I had the Upperlevel English where we finished up our discussion about steryotypes. I got to go home after that because school on Wednesdays here ends at 12. So I went home and ate lunch and soon after we left for the Belgny Mine which was an old coal mine that they now give tours through. It was pretty cool and I got to see all the machines and the elevators they used to go down. After wards on the way home we were on the bus the AC units fluid thingy exploded causing the fluid to pour out of the AC so as a result we had to pull over for about 10 minutes and hang around until a new bus showed up to take us back. We then got home where we had dinner and I went to bed. Today I started the day with what was supposed to be english but it turned out to be another informational session. This ran over into the specail open hour afterwards and so my first actual class of the day turned out to be chemistry again. There I learned about how to name certain things (Organic Chemistry is rather new to me as I have discovered) I then had english where I found out that not only do belgian students just have to turn in their diplomas to get into any college they want they only have to pay 800 Euros for it!!  After lunch I had math which I discovered is taught somewhat different so half the stuff they teach I know and can do and the other half I have never heard of before. I had math for two periods and then History. Today in history I was able to understand even more and the person sitting next to me pointed out that I had written even more than I had the other days so I was quite proud. After history I went home where I did my homework (which isn't near as much as it was at home) and started on this huge blog update. I think I need to update it more often so they don't get this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment